Thursday, September 18, 2014

Progress is Progress

Happy Thursday! Almost made it to Friday!!! I'm so happy about this, I think I could cry. (Or maybe its just the severe lack of sleep and higher than usual stress levels that are making me more emotional than usual....) I wanted to quickly share something that I read from Philippians.


"I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing, forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead. I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you. But we must hold on to the progress we have already made." Philippians 3:12-16

I LOVE this passage, especially in this particular season of life. School is back in session and life is moving forward at full speed! Mitchell and I have trouble sometimes catching our breath! Just when we feel like we've made some sort of progress, we see all that we have left to do. The joy from making it as far as we have is overshadowed by the doom we feel about all that's left ahead of us. This passage spoke directly into my drained and slightly discouraged heart today.

"But we must hold onto the progress we have already made."
-Philippians 3:16. 

That's what is crazy about the Word of God. A passage I've come to know well can take on multiple meanings in my life depending on where my heart is when I read it. Today, it gave a sense of encouragement that I needed to hold onto how far we've come. It's important to hold onto that progress, because at times, it is the very thing that keeps us going.

While I know its important to keep pressing on and to run the race and fight the good fight, its really really hard sometimes when you feel like no progress is being made, or when you feel like the progress you've made pails in comparison to how far you still have to go. That's a frequent attack made by the enemy isn't it? He wants me to feel like I'm not making any progress at all in hopes that I'll give up and throw in the towel. That's why holding onto the progress we've already made is so important! When you have proof that you're moving forward, its easier to keep it up. Progress is progress, no matter how small.

If you're like us and feeling worn and drained, I hope this passage can breathe some life back into you , just like it did for me! I think it's especially important in times like these to remember to put our....

Stones before Sand.

Love,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment